#

COURAGE: Female Disc Golfer Risks Her Career By Taking a Bold Stand to Protect Her Sport After Learning She Will Be Competing Against a Man (VIDEO)

Credit: @abiygritte/ Instagram

A brave woman risked it all, from tournament glory to her own career, after taking a bold stand for women’s rights and fairness in sports.

As The Daily Wire reported, professional disc golfer Abigail Wilson was scheduled to compete at the Disc Golf Pro Tour’s Music City Open Friday morning in Nashville but knew doing so would mean facing off against a biological male calling himself “Natalie” Ryan. They were scheduled to tee off at the exact same time.

But Wilson had no intention of participating in this charade organized by the tour’s woke executives.

In a video shared by Wilson on Instagram, the crowd cheers as she steps up to compete at the event. But as Wilson pulls her arm back to throw, she lowers her disc, turns back toward the crowd, and storms off the course.

“Females must be protected in our division,” Wilson shouted as she walked away to roars from the audience. “This is unfair. I refuse to play.”

WATCH:

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Abigail Wilson (@abiygritte)

Wilson detailed her thought process in a lengthy post accompanying the Instagram video.

“Today I refused to play at the Music City Open,” she wrote. “Females deserve to have their gender-protected division be protected. This is unfair. I have worked so hard to get to this point to play on the DGPT, but the sacrifice of my career and my hard work is worth it if it means I can make a difference for other women, daughters, nieces, and the future of our sport.

“If you feel how wrong it is to have biological males competing in female-protected divisions in sports, now is the time to speak up and stand your ground,” she added.

Wilson went on to say she was having “anxiety” regarding playing with Ryan and blasted the DGPT staff for refusing to change her to an earlier tee time. She also revealed that the staffers lied to her when they said there would be ample security at the event.

“I took this stand today because I was having anxiety about playing with the openly trans player on tour because of the planned protests for this year and the threats of violence at the event last year,” she explained. “After speaking with a member of the DGPT staff yesterday they made it clear they would be unwilling to change me to an earlier tee time when regarding my fears of safety on the course.”

“They assured me that there would be bag checks, police, and security at the event,” she continued. “Upon arriving this morning, there was no security or police presence; I was also allowed entry even though I did not have my credentials. There were zero security precautions.”

Wilson said that putting justice first likely meant her career in Disc Golf was now over.

“Today, I most likely ended my career, and that is okay because this is bigger than me,” she wrote.

Wilson told The Daily Wire that she was warned against speaking out the day before the competition and lectured by woke officials for “misgendering’ her competition.

The Daily Wire also reported that a terrorism threat targeting Ryan last year caused the Music City Open to be temporarily suspended. Thus, in the name of wokeness, the tour officials endangered the very player they were trying to coddle.

If far more women shared Wilson’s courage, America may not even need laws against trans athletes trying to take over female sports because the problem would likely take care of itself. We all know states like California and Colorado will never do the right thing.

The post COURAGE: Female Disc Golfer Risks Her Career By Taking a Bold Stand to Protect Her Sport After Learning She Will Be Competing Against a Man (VIDEO) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.